It's about time I post another update. Things have been rather hectic here since Friday with the GREAT news and all :)
I phoned my mom to tell her immediately after Dr S phoned me. She screamed so loud over the phone I swear my ears are still ringing. We were going to wait to tell my Dad in person but then I had to phone him and tell him because he was on his way home and my mom would never have been able to keep it a secret. He was completely blown away. Then we told my sister and BIL and they were so happy you'd swear they were pregnant... they have already placed dibs on the first baby sitting.
Later that afternoon my in laws arrived for their weekend visit. We broke the news to them and wow, their reaction was not at all what I expected. They congratulated us and then just continued to talk about what's happening on the TV. Later on SIL came to say hello, we told her and same thing, just a "Oh, that's nice"
Now, I think the difference in reactions has something to do with the fact that my family knew that we have been trying for a while and they knew about all the fertility treatments, DH's family didn't know all the details, they just knew we were trying but had know idea for how long.
Anyway, as the weekend wore on MIL became a bit more excited and confessed that it just needs to sink in first (this will be their first grandchild)
DH's year end function Friday night was awesome! It felt so surreal to just relax and be happy :) We even danced the night away and only got in bed past 1h00.... and I paid for it the next day, it felt like I had the worst hangover ever and all I had to drink the previous night was appletiser and water!
I also went for my follow up Beta test yesterday morning and am happy to report that my beta went from 222 to 993 (4 days later) That made me relax a bit. I have been quite worried that everything is okay. I might even ask Dr S if I can go for another Beta test just to set my mind at ease.
Dr S wants to see us for our first scan next week already. So I made an appointment for next week Friday the 24th. I'm not sure how far along I'll be then, I think 6 weeks so I really hope we'll see the heartbeat then.
Symptom wise not that much to report... looking back on the TwoWeekWait there were quite a few signs but I was just to scared to believe it then. This is what I'm experiencing now:
* Breasts are bigger and tender *OUCH*
* Headaches now and then
* Nausea now and then but mostly in the morning
* Lower back pain that comes and goes
* Shooting pains in my thighs
* Slight cramping / twinges
* Bloated
* Constantly thirsty
* Stuffy nose
* Not sleeping well
All in all I am enjoying the experience immensely. I can not wait for the rest of it!

Ek het hoendervleis!!
ReplyDelete:-)
Geniet elke sekonde van hierdie wonderwerk - want voor jy dit weet is swangerskap al verby en baba is in jou arms! Dit vlieg regtig verby.
So bly vir jou x 10000!!!! :-)
xx