Thursday, February 10, 2011

13 Weeks - NT Scan

Oh Boy, I'm gonna say it again WOW!

We had an amazing scan this morning. I guess everyone was telling the truth when they said that this is one of the best scans.

We set up the appointment with Dr M a few weeks ago, a was kind of dreading it, not because I was scared of the downs results but because my Doc warned me that Dr M is quite a cold person and not to expect her to OOhh and AAhhh at baby. I even googled her and got quite a fright when I found that a complaint has been posted about her on a well known complaints website.

But Dr S was soooo wrong!! Dr M was so so sweet and guided us through every little detail that you could see on the scan. She joked and made us laugh, she really went out of her way to make us feel relaxed.

Baby VW is perfect in every way and is too gorgeous for words. We could (again) clearly see it's a boy and had quite a laugh when Dr M proclaimed "Yip, there's the willy" Later on baby VW even grabbed it *blush* she pointed it out and said, "Typical man, boys will be boys"

Baby VW "waved" at us, rolled around, relaxed with his arms behind his head and we even saw him drinking the amniotic fluid... what a cute site.

I am completely smitten with my boy and his Daddy is the proudest daddy around, talking about his "laaitie" non stop :)

Thank you God for blessing us with this miracle! I still can't believe it's actually happening to me.

Stats at 13 weeks:
Measures 7.2cm crown to rump
Heartbeat @ 167bpm
Weight +- 80grams
Downs risk is 1 in 15 000

3 comments:

  1. So awesome om te lees hoe goed dit gaan Mel, ek kry hoendervleis elke keer as ek een van jou updates oor jou wonderwerkie lees!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely amazing :-) Enjoy every second and thanks for sharing xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just stumbled across your blog whilst looking for pics of what my 8-week bub looks like. Such a lovely, uplifting blog. Thanks for sharing your first few weeks and best of luck with your bouncing baby boy! Ali, Sydney x

    ReplyDelete