Tuesday, December 7, 2010

"A long December...

and there's reason to believe maybe this year will be better than the last" - Counting Crows

Have been listening to this song the last couple of days, wishing that next year will be better than this one. I've have been praying and wishing so hard for good news on Friday.

I haven't had the urge to POAS yet... at the moment I'd rather be stuck with the "maybe" I have no idea what result to expect on Friday.... that is if I make it to test day before AF arrives.

With the failed IVF in July I started cramping on 4DP5DT (9DPO), this time, same thing... it started on 3DP6DT (9DPO) so exact same time frame. With the IVF the cramping stopped on 6DP5DT (11DPO)  This time though,the cramping hasn't stopped yet although it has eased up a bit (it's freaking me out because it feels just like AF is on the way) With the IVF I started spotting with a bit more bleeding on 7DP5DT (12DPO), today I am 7DP6DT (13DPO) and no spotting so it might be a good sign although FS has upped my Progesterone to 4 pessaries a day so maybe this time it's just keeping AF away.

I really am hoping for the best but I can't help to be a bit pessimistic. My in laws are coming to visit for the weekend (they'll be here Friday morning) and we have DH's year end dinner Friday evening.... If it is bad news I won't even be able to stay in bed and just cry... I'll have to keep up appearance for the in laws sake. If it is good news it's going to be the best visit with the in laws and Christmas Dinner EVER!

Creator of us all, only you know how much we want children. Please, please bless us with a child; a child to lavish our love on and care for in so many ways. It is our dream and I pray to you with an aching heart. AMEN




5 comments:

  1. Melissa, ek hou so styf duimvas vir jou! Hou moed- met my 2 kort swangerskappies, het ek elke keer krampe gehad wat soos AF gevoel het.

    Dis hoe ek met die FET begin vermoed het, dat 'n bfn op pad is- want daar was geen krampe nie. Die embrio wat inplant veroorsaak glo krampe wat soos AF voel.

    Ek hoop van harte dat die krampe wat jy voel albei jou embies is wat besig is om hulle diep in te grawe onder jou hart!

    Dr. S het uiteindelik na my teruggekom. Loer bietjie na die post op my blog!

    Sal vanaand weereens vir jou bid. Enige iets is moontlik...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck Melissa. Really hoping you will have the best christmas dinner and Christmas ever.
    I will be thinking of you, may your prayer be answered.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not long now till test day. If you can make it to Friday with not spotting I think that is def a good sign. Like you, I too started spotting/then full AF before test day (grrrr)....... so let's hope AF stays far away for the next 9 months!!! Heaven knows I'm holding EVERYTHING that it works out for you xxx Please KUP

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mel, ek hoop en bid alles lyk nog goed vandag en dat jy more die beste Kersgeskenk OOIT sal kry!!

    Dink aan jou!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Melis, ek bid saam met jou.
    Ek sien uit daarna om fantasiese nuus te hoor more!! Hou super styf duimvas.
    Dink aan jou!
    Lotsaluv
    xx

    ReplyDelete