Friday, July 2, 2010

Houston - We have Follies!!

First follicle scan on CD 8 and it is GREAT news!!

We have 12 follicles!! 7 on the one side and 5 on the other.

2 follicles (one on either side) are already 17mm big. Dr S says this is quite big for Day 8 but it's still normal (he did seem a bit "concerned" but I trust him and know that he will tell me if I should worry) He did send me for a LH blood test to check that it is still nice and low so that I don't Ovulate earlier.

If all is normal then I will inject Cetrotide to switch off my body's own cycle and then it's up to us to keep those follies going with the stimulation injections.

We also changed my protocol a bit. I will now alternate Menopur and Gonal F injections until Monday when I will have another scan.

We will most probably trigger Monday night, egg retrieval at 7h00 Wednesday morning and egg transfer next Monday.

It's going so fast now!!

2 comments:

  1. I am thrilled for you. 12 is great. Wow suddenly it does seem like it's all happening. This is a HUGE relief to me, because the last few days have dragged interminably for me - so good to know when I get to CD8 we could have some momentum.

    ReplyDelete