Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Snowbabies

A year ago today my mom asked me what I wanted for my birthday, my reply was "2 Pink lines"

Yesterday, she asked me the same question and again my reply was "2 Pink lines"

It's sad to think that a year ago I was wishing for the same thing that I'm wishing for today, the only difference is that today we are closer to getting those 2 pink lines than we have ever been before and that is something to smile about!


The two week wait is going okay. I spent the rest of Monday and the whole of yesterday in bed reading and watching TV, I did get up to cook dinner though, otherwise, if I left it to DH, his children will learn to enjoy Steers from a very early age.

I will admit... Not one minute passes without me wondering about what is going on inside me, I even dream about it. I rub my tummy and even speak to Baby V and Baby W... urging them to stick because their mommy so desperately wants them to stay. I wonder if that makes me certifiable crazy?

Doctor S phoned with the news of our snowbabies earlier today. 2 embies made it to freeze. Doctor S says that is very good and hopefully we could use them in 4 years time. It's a relief that he is so positive that this cycle will work.  I was worried that only 2 of the 8 embryos left made it to freeze but according to some forums I read it is absolutely no indication of the quality of the embies that were transferred and that even having any to freeze is good. The reason not many make it to freeze is because they are so strict on which quality blasts they will freeze, only the best quality will survive the thawing.

So not too long to go before testing. I'm still contemplating whether I'll pee on a stick before the Beta test. At the moment it's a NO but I'm sure my patience will get the better of me before then. I'm just absolutely, majorly terrified of seeing just one pink line.

xx

Lord help me to trust in you

3 comments:

  1. Here's hoping your birthday present of 2 pink lines will come to fruition!!! I'm hoping and praying that you get your miracle and that your prayers are answered. Good luck with the rest of your wait, it's all so very very exciting. Keep visualising and loving those embabies xxx

    PS - congrats on the 2 snowbabies, wow that's awesome news!!!!!!

    Thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you are doing well. I pray you get your dream birthday present in 2 weks time (or 10 days when you test). Holding thumbs and toes for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow 2 snowbabies is great - hopefully a brother or sister for eith V or W or both. Glad to hear the 2ww isn't going too badly.

    BTW I have vowed to stay away from the pee sticks and I think I will stick to it. They are evil. I figure they often sow negative when you are positive and if it is negative I can wait a few days for that news and if it's positive we can just enjoy the antiiiiiiiicipation for a few extra days. Of course closer to the time I could be loosing my marbles completely.

    ReplyDelete