Monday, November 1, 2010

November.....

Well it's the 1st of November and I promised myself I would start blogging again today although now it seems today is not a good day to start. I hate starting my blog off with a pitty party but this is my only place where I can vent and let it all out.
You see, I'm having one of those days again....one of those where I just want to know what I ever did in my life to deserve this? What did I ever do, that was so terribly wrong, that I have to be put through this punishment day in and day out?

I JUST WANT A BABY!   Why is that too much to ask?  I want to experience the feeling of elation when I see 2 lines on the HPT. I want to experience my husbands joy when I tell him that he is going to be a dad. I want to experience my in-laws' joy when they hear they are going to be grand parents for the first time. I want to experience my parents' joy when they find out that their daughter finally got what her heart desired. I want to experience morning sickness and a growing belly, ultra sounds and the joys of having a little life growing inside you. Ultimately I want to experience the immense love that only a mother can have for her child...

I suppose my sadness was spurred on by the news that a fellow infertile, who sees the same FS as me, just had an unsuccessful frozen embryo transfer. I kinda convinced myself that if it works for her then surely it should work for me. Not that my convincing was based on anything scientific, just that silly thing called HOPE.

Well it didn't work for her and it has left her shattered. I feel her pain and it has left me terrified of going ahead with our frozen embryo transfer later this month. At the moment HOPE is frozen somewhere in a laboratory in Pinelands...  my 2 beautiful snow babies.

The original plan was to do the frozen embryo transfer next year but hubby suggested that we do it now. I was completely taken a back by his suggestion but after thinking it through I decided that it was what I wanted too.

So that is when I decided that it was time to get fit and healthy. Exercise was the one thing missing in the 2 years since we have been TTC. Everyone knows that exercise is good for you and according to my FS great for fertility too so I started with my Get healthy /Get Fit program.

I used to do some running before we got married, averaged about 40km a week.... then married life took over and the running/exercise just took a back seat. So when I decided to get fit, running was my first plan of action. I love putting on my running gear and getting out in the fresh air. It does wonders for mind and soul and I definitely feel the benefits. The problem is that the exercise is doing what it's supposed to and I'm losing weight. Not a problem for most people but a problem for me since I'm not supposed to lose anything as my BMI is already too close to the bottom end of normal. It really hit home when my FS asked me to please keep an eye on my weight as I never weighed much in the first place. Great! So my good intentions of getting fit could be ruining my chances of conceiving even more?? Can I ever do something right?

So that is where I am at the moment. Angry at the world. Angry at my body and still hanging on to the last teeny tiny morsel of HOPE.

xx

3 comments:

  1. I hate it too. It feels like I have done countless HPTs and that a positive is just a myth. I am holding all my thumbs and big toes for you that you have a successful transfer.

    You are lucky not to have a weight problem. That has been the big thing for me, losing weight so I can conceive, weight that doesn't seem to want to be lost :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dont base your success on another persons outcome. There are so many variables that make up a FET that yours could very well still be successful.

    The only piece of assvice is to just carry on with what you are doing, keep on putting one foot ahead of another.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome back it's good to read your blog again :-)
    You really struck a chord with this blog. I feel exactly the same and my heart breaks everytime I think about it or ask myself those questions.... It's heart breaking and soul destroying..... so I just wanted to say that I feel your pain...... I often wonder if I'll EVERY see those 2 lines or know what it's like to be pregnant..... very scary indeed :-(
    On another note isn't it amazing how our men just know when to take the reins and make the decision? My DH made the decision with our IVF and even the next one..... and it just feels so much better when coming from him.
    YOu know what - many many many many women fall pregnant with a FET cycle so don't lose hope or be fearful..... we have to take the bull by the horns and just face those fears sometimes.....have you thought about gyming? It's a great way to exercise, and hopefully help you pick up some weight? Sheesh I wish I had your problem! haha I have to try like hell to keep the weight off
    Good luck and welcome back
    xxx

    ReplyDelete