The title of my post is in fact the title of a new book I bought today - "When empty arms become a heavy burden - Encouragement for couples facing infertility"
After my CD11 scan with the FS I felt so down in the dumps, went to our Valley (that's our shopping centre) and just walked around a bit. I went to the book store to look at the magazines and then to browse the Pregnancy section (because that it where they choose to keep the Infertility books..... nice one!) Stumbled upon this book, decided it wasn't too expensive and bought it. Then I did something that I've never done before.... I went to a coffee shop, all by lonesome self, ordered a Red Latte and a muffin and started reading. I only got to page 29 and I'm already enjoying it so expect a LOT of quotes from the book in the next few days.
Okay, so back to the scan. Everything is still okay. Follie looking good, lining looking okay, FS expects ovulation around day 16 only so going for my first LH blood test on Monday CD14.
I did ask him about the Meticorten (again) and he said that if I really want it he will prescribe it for me because if I request it then he can't just say no without a valid reason, but it is too late in the cycle to start so I'll have to go without. And I'm fine with that, I knew it was to late anyway, I know it's not a miracle cure but it just feels like we are missing something, like we aren't doing enough....

No comments:
Post a Comment