Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Here we go again....

Well it's time.... today is DAY 1 of our FET cycle. I mean seriously.... where did the time go? I don't think it has actually really dawned on me....probably because I don't want to overthink it.

I don't want to think about it working and I don't want to think about it not working.

I'm just gonna go in blind. No asking Dr Google for "tips for successfull FET" "how to make embryos implant" "Do FET's work" ~ this time I have to resist and.... I don't know... just go with my gut.... just trust my FS??

To be honest I do have a bad feeling about this. I suppose it's just my way of protecting myself after the failed IVF. I was so positive that the IVF would work and I was devastated when it didn't so this time it's just easier to think it won't work. (You see, there I go with the thinking!)

We will be doing a Natural FET cycle. It basically works like this:
1.Ultrasounds until the dominant follicle is greater than 14 mm in mean diameter.
2.Then, daily urine LH testing.
3.Once ovulation is confirmed by LH surge, the thawed embryo transfer is planned.
4.The timing of the transfer varies according to the day on which the embryos were frozen (for example on day 3 or day 5 of development, ours were frozen on Day 5)
• Blastocyst FET cycles are done with transfer on day 6-7 after the LH surge.
5.Pregnancy test 9 days after embryo transfer

That is it! Nothing compared to an IVF cycle. So minimal meds, less stress and worries and hopefully a great outcome.


3 comments:

  1. Melissa, I am wishin gyou the very best of luck! I have everything crossed that this low impact unmedicated cyclle will bring you your BFP! Hoping one of those frosties is youe oneday baby!

    As for feeling positive or negative it doesn;t make a difference. I have friends who fell pregnant on the cycle they believes it would work and friends who fell pregnant on the cycle they believed it wouldn't work and people who didn't fell pregnant when they didn't think it would work and those like you who didn't fall pregnant when they were so very convinced it would work.

    I'll be holding hope tightly with both hands for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm holding thumbs fingers and toes for you! I understand what you mean about not feeling great about it.... I was thinking this morning that with my failed IVF it's so easy to lose faith in the whole process....but it has been proven to work both fresh and FET. Think of it this way, you're very blessed to be able to do a FET cycle... and many many women have fallen pregnant with a FET cycle. Here's hoping and wishing that you're one of them. Hang in there xxx Thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thinking of you Melis. I wish you and your DH the best. I am crossing everything for you and praying that this is your time.

    Kuru

    ReplyDelete